In

With expectancy I wait, I seek, I long

I am struck this morning yet again with the life of Jesus. Read with me....

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things and in him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all fullness dwell in Him and through Him reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross" Colossians 1:15-20

The Word speaks for itself, it really doesn't need any explanation. I am struck again by the power that the written Word holds. Inspired by the breath of God, His Spirit, brings forth life. John said that the Word became flesh. Jesus is the Word, He is the truth, He is the breath, the Spirit that brings life.

My previous post was on freedom. May I continue this thinking today and remind ourselves of this freedom. That it was the Truth that set us free. What truth? The Truth, Jesus. But unless we study Him, Jesus we will not understand neither the truth nor freedom.

My heart is stirred within me for greater revelation, greater depth of insight. I feel like a little child who waits in expectation to be shown something new, something precious that is a secret.

The picture that comes to me is one of a child during the time when the people of Israel were in the desert and the tabernacle was the place where God dwelt in the Most Holy place. A child at a young age has curiosity and I can only imagine the curiosity that a children during that time must have had about the Most Holy Place. What is inside? What is the mystery?

In the New Testament the Lord asks us to become like little children, why? Because they do not let anything stop them from having this curiosity. They move forward, they look, they wait in expectancy.

"Jesus, who are you?" I ask today. I am curious to know more. I have received You as Lord and Savior. Show me again the mystery of who You are. Your Word says You are before all things and in You all things hold together.

Today, I need You to hold it all together. Be before all MY things today and hold all MY things together.

Do you want to be like Jesus? Then live IN Him. Rooted in Him. Built up in Him. Strengthened in your faith in Him.

That is my prayer today for you, for me: "Jesus, be ALL in me today. Jesus be before and in all things in my life today. I was created BY You and FOR You. Here is my life again. Not my will but Yours be done.

Is Jesus Lord in your life? Do you know Jesus as Lord or only as Savior? I am not satisfied. Jesus is ALL, do we really KNOW Him that way as ALL.

Colossians 2:17 says that the reality is found in Christ....

Can Christ be the reality in your situation today. I need Him to be in mine!!!

Related Articles

0 comments: