In

I was just thinking.....

If you ask me what would be the perfect place for getting away with my bible, journal, worship music to spend time with God.....well that is so easy....

......a cabin in the mountains with a fire place.......

Really you don't do me a favor with sending me to the beach where it is hot and sticky. I don't need snow either, but there is this place here in Costa Rica called Arenal and I just love this place for spending time with God.

There are times where I just wish to own a little cabin near the volcano with a great view, away from the city where I could just go and hang out with God. I know, you are probably reading this thinking...well she has big wishes, well I am not asking God for this. I am just letting my thoughts dream a bit, but if I got to choose the perfect place for frequent God-get-aways that would be the place for me. Why not my backyard, I have a view....well any other mother would agree with me, that is simply not an option.

The moment you sit down with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and finally open your bible it seems like there are these voices of little people making sure they need you right there and then. Or something just happens to fall and it breaks and of course it needs your attention. Or what about the all of a sudden need for snacks, a sibling fight and what not.

Well enough reasons to say that a God-get-away is something that can be the most refreshing thing a mother of three does for her family.

So I guess, yes, I am dreaming that I could have an affordable place to go to refresh, get revelation, so I can go back with renewed strength. It seems the thing to pray for and I ask myself, why not?

Why not ask God for Him to provide this special Get-away for Him and me, this special place where Him and I meet without interruption, where I pour out my heart to Him and He pours revelation into my heart and soul that leaves me with strength to walk the road ahead of me.

mmm....

I can just picture this place in my mind's eye....if you are not a "nature" kind of person like this...I can understand you might zone out by this point...but let me picture this for those of you who are like those that would love to have a place like this, here goes......

Here you are sitting in a comfortable chair with a view on Volcano Arenal, it is a clear sky, stars are out and you are comfortable with a sweater and warm blanket although it isn't really cold.

Worship music is playing on your ipod and you are ready to just write down all your thoughts, or maybe just simply sit there and take in the view, sipping on your hot drink, thinking of how much you love the silence....mmm...

As a mom of three, I don't always get those moments...oh wait...I don't seem to get those moments hardly at all....so how do I make them happen on a low budget, on a time constraining schedule and actually not feel guilty about the thought of being away for 2 nights...

Oh Lord, you must be smiling from heaven as you see me dream, see me write or hear me pray. Is it too crazy to think that You have a special place like this, possibly! An dyet I believe in a God that is a personal God who cares about the little things.


So I guess this thanksgiving as I ponder on the relationship with Jesus I am so thankful for, this is what I tell Him....."Lord, how about a You and me get away a few times during the year!!

So for 2014 when I think of goals and dreams, this would be a big one...a God-get-away a few times a year in the place I love the most.....

I am just going to be bold to ask my Lord for it.....just because I know He loves to hear what we long for....

why not!!!!


Related Articles

0 comments: