In

Learning to Love

Somtimes you think when you see a cute little face like this (tessa at 1 1/2 months), that it shouldn't be so hard to love a human being. No, it shouldn't when I look at my little ones and especially now the little new baby, I experience a love that is almost hard to describe with words. So pure, so full, so real, so deep. Then all of a sudden they get a little bigger and loving them seems a little difficult at times when they do things we don't like or we don't want them to do and we have to get upset with them. No, Mar that is not true, I still love my child when I have to scream at him when he runs across without watching, almost getting killed by the oncoming vehicle.

I know I understand, I do this daily sometimes. My son Luca is wonderfully adventurous and sometimes decides to cross the street without waiting for me and I can guarantee you that the worst voice in me comes out, but I still love him that is why I do that!! I love my kids unconditionally, but at certain times this motherly unconditional love is being "tested".

Do you ever experience this? Do we really "love" one another (or our kids), or do really still have to learn on a daily basis how to love. There is no doubt in my mind that the love of God is the most incredible love there is. What He did for us, there are no words for that. His love gives hope to hopeless nations, brings enemies together, restores a broken relationship, unites churches, renews a broken life and this love gives us a reason to live.

1 John 4: 9-10 says:
9 Herein was the love of God manifested in us, that God hath sent his only begotten Son into the world that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Wow, this is incredible, not because we loved God, because He loves us, we can live through that love.

When I think about my kids and the love I have for them I know God through that is taking care of them. They feel safe when they feel loved, not necessarily when they give love to their parents first. This makes me look at things different, we love them first and (hopefully) receive this love in return. But even when we do not always receive this love in return (from our kids or other adults) we are still able to love through Him.

It seems so easy to say doesn't it. I know that I can't do any of this by myself, I have to ask God every day to reveal to me His love so that I can live through His love and give it away.

Learning to love sometimes is a daily activity and when I skip a day I know that with the next day that comes there is hope to continue to learn how to love, everybody!!

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Learning to love along with you sweet friend.

    Hugs,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our site. We would love to hear from you as well!!