In

Pain, Tears and true Joy


My heart is stirred as I look at this photo that I am sharing with you today.....this is our little baby girl "Tessa"....

She was born this last Tuesday, July 14th 2009 at 10:39am.

With her cute black hair, little nose and mommy's chin she is the sweet new addition to our family.

Minutes after she was born my heart was stirred within me. While my husband was taken photos and I was listening to her cry in the background while they were checking her, I couldn't help but let the tears flow freely. The doctor looked at me and asked me if I was ok or if I was in pain. Pain, no that was no longer there, there were tears of true joy and gratitud. I was crying, because I was thinking of the privilege of receiving another little one into our family, another little one to love and hold tight. I was overwhelmed at the goodness of my God who gave this to us and the joy of just receiving this little one was expressed with tears.

Then my husband walked over and I was able to really take a good look at him holding our third precious child. The photo to your right is what I saw. My heart once again was overwhelmed with the beauty of life, the gift of a child to its parents!!

Yes, there was pain, no there were tears, but they were tears of true joy. Realizing I might make mistakes in the years to come in her upbringing. I will fail as a parent some days, but what really spoke to my heart in that moment was the "love" that one has for a little one when you look at your baby. So innocent, so precious, so free, so pure.....how can you not "LOVE" with all that you have.

Once we were back into our hospital room and we were able to take a good look at our precious new little girl I knew that things would never be the same again, they would be better. More challenges, for sure, but more love to give away, knowing that our Heavenly Father will walk with us every step of the way and that He will teach us how to love better, more and in every way this new little person should be loved.

The pain was so worth it, the tears are still flowing and the joy will be completed every time we see her smile!!!

The Bible speaks of a woman in childbirth that when she has given birth she will have forgotten the pain. The Bible is right, the joy and love that you feel outweigh the memory of pain. That is what true love is. The pain it cost to give life, is nothing compared to the joy and love experienced by receiving and holding this life!!

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Muchas felicidades!!!!
    Tessa es tan linda, que gran bendicion de parte de Dios.
    Les amamos mucho.

    Gioco, Ezra & Joshua

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our site. We would love to hear from you as well!!